New Student Checklist and Orientation
New Student Checklist
After receiving your admission offer letter
- Print a copy of your admission offer letter for your records.
- Review the MEM Curriculum and MEng Curriculum
- Review MEM and MEng Student Services
By enrollment decision deadline (see deadline in your admission letter)
- Submit your enrollment decision via Applicant Self-Service
Within 2 weeks of accepting your admission offer
- Request official transcripts from your college or university.
- International students will begin working with the Admissions team on completing the F-1 Visa Application Process through Duke Visa Services. Read more about the visa process and funding guidelines.
- US Citizens and Permanent Residents should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Once your enrollment decision and official transcripts are received, we will matriculate you. This means you will receive your Duke NetID credential from the Office of Information Technology (OIT) within one business week.
New Student Orientation
Orientation is required for all new students and is an opportunity to introduce you to the MEM and MEng programs. A detailed orientation schedule for your program will be sent to you in the months prior to your arrival and will be posted here.
2017 Stanback Internship Program
View an overview of the 2017 Stanback Internship Program.