Non-MEMP Duke Graduate and Professional Students
Duke graduate and professional students who are not enrolled in the MEM Program may register for some MEM courses (i.e. courses designated with EGRMGMT course numbers, including core courses and technical electives) on a space-available basis and with permission of the instructor. Instructors will require students to have sufficient background for the course as needed AND may also limit outside enrollment for any pedagogical reason.
Non-MEM students should complete the following steps to get into the course:
- Complete the Course Registration Permission form
- On the form, obtain permission from the instructor and from their home department either in e-mail or with a signature
- Please return completed form with appropriate signatures to the MEM Academic Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the MEM Office at 3120 Fitzpatrick (CIEMAS)
- The MEM Office does not process forms until all MEM students have a chance to enroll, so you may not officially be added to the class until the end of the first week of classes.
- Non-MEM students will not be added to wait lists but are added to classes in the order in which they completed their form.
- Generally no more than 5 non-MEM students will be allowed to enroll in a course at any given time.
- Students who enroll in MEM courses as non-MEM students may not utilize these courses for an MEM degree.
- The deadline to submit this form is the last day of drop/add, usually two weeks after the start of the semester.
If you have questions, contact our office.