Near or Far? Duke is closer than you think.
Duke's Distributed Master of Engineering Management Program (d-MEMP) is an innovative distance option that integrates the flexibility of online classes with cohort-centric on-campus residencies. In two years you can earn a Master of Engineering Management degree remotely while working full-time and
- Study the same core curriculum of marketing, finance, intellectual property and business law, and management by viewing recordings of our campus classes and interacting with fellow students and faculty through email, social media, web conferencing, and instant messaging technologies.
- Focus on building expertise in commercialization, financial engineering, or operations management, with additional technical electives in innovation management, decision models, supply chain management, and product development.
- Attend three weeklong residencies on Duke’s North Carolina campus to connect with fellow distance students, campus peers, program faculty, and the larger Duke network while taking part in challenging leadership workshops emphasizing communication, creativity, and collaboration.
- Engage with a supportive cohort of like-minded professionals focused on enhancing their professional development while managing responsibilities at work and home.
Whether you complete Duke’s Master of Engineering Management Program at our North Carolina campus or via our innovative distance option, you take the same classes and earn the same degree.
Here’s what our students say.
“Challenging residencies make distance students feel part of the Duke experience.”
“Our cohort was enhanced by diverse classmates from various fields with different perspectives.”
“Duke gave the opportunity to advance my education while continuing my career. I learned to be an effective leader in today's engineering environment.”
Highlights of d-MEMP
- Remote coursework offers students flexibility to meet educational and work demands
- Community is built through on-campus residencies and cohorts
- Collaborative group projects promote teamwork and networking
- Dedicated faculty and staff foster strong mentorships and support
- Focus areas provide in-depth expertise in either Commercialization, Financial Engineering, or Operations
- Workshops bolster marketable business skills such as negotiation techniques and presentation abilities
Use the menu on the right or download our brochure to learn more about the degree.