We may invite some candidates to interview before an admission decision can be posted. Please note:
- Interviews are offered by invitation only and are based on a thorough evaluation of your complete application.
- You may not request an interview. Instead, selected applicants will be invited to interview and given instructions on moving forward in the interview process.
- Interviews are conducted via WebEx with a faculty or staff member and are generally completed in the weeks prior to our decision notification date. See below for Interview Tips.
- An interview does not guarantee admission.
While interviews allow us to learn more about you, they also give you the opportunity to learn more about Duke and see if this program is right for you. There will be time for your questions during the interview – use it!
- Duke uses WebEx to conduct video interviews. You can test your setup by visiting http://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html. See an important tip on audio connection below!
- You will be required to log in to the interview via computer – WebEx Video does not work well on mobile devices, which offer limited functionality.
- Headphones will prevent echo within the call, and a microphone will prevent background noise from overpowering your voice. You may find it helpful it helpful to mute yourself when you're not talking.
- Video requires reliable internet access. Free and private wireless signals can fade in an out. An Ethernet cable can provide a clear connection.
- Check sound settings so that you’re ready when the interview starts. If you are using headphones with a microphone, make sure those components are selected over your computer’s default audio.
- Don’t let your computer die mid-question. Charge your machine fully or plug it in during the interview.
- When you enter the interview, be sure to turn on your video by clicking on the video camera icon next to your name.
For the best audio quality, join the meeting by clicking the Join button in green rather than the “Join by browser” option, per the image below. The browser option does not give you, the attendee, as many options for support, and we’ve found that applicants who choose it cannot be heard by our interview team.
When you join the meeting successfully, be sure to Connect to Audio so that you can hear the interviewer and the interviewer can hear you.