Pratt Graduate Students (MS and PhD)
Graduate Students in Other Pratt Departments
Duke MS and PhD students in other departments within the Pratt School of Engineering may use up to three graduate engineering courses as technical electives in the MEM Program. Generally these courses should be taken concurrently with the MEM degree or within the previous four years. Through this program, an MS or PhD student can receive the MEM degree by completing five additional courses, the internship requirement, the seminar and workshop series and other required activities in the MEM program.
- Separate tuition is charged for MEM courses.
- Admission to the MEM Program is separate from admission to other graduate programs.
- Interested students should complete our online application for admission.
- Admitted students must take five courses to complete the degree: the four required core courses and one additional technical elective. They must also complete an internship, the seminar and workshop series and any other required activities.
- Because of the timing of these requirements, we advise you to apply at least one year prior to the graduation date of your MS or PhD degree.