In just 12 months, earn a Duke master's degree while gaining business skills and entrepreneurial confidence—and launch your own venture along the way
Led by successful tech entrepreneurs, the Founders Track in Duke’s Master of Engineering Management Program will teach you to:
- Identify problems
- Develop conceptual solutions
- Build prototypes
- Develop a startup strategy
Selected graduates can also receive additional support and funding to start their companies—$5,000 seed capital.
"At Duke, everyone wants to help curious, energetic students succeed.”
Sam Fox, Duke Engineering Grad
Founder, Zephyr Mobility
- Grounding in business fundamentals—including marketing, management, finance, and intellectual property/business law
- Special coursework in tech innovation, prototyping, and startup strategy
- Technical electives that strengthen your ability to innovate
- Browse the Founders Track course list »
Gain Entrepreneurial Experience
- Learn from seasoned entrepreneurs in Duke Engineering and Duke’s Office of Licensing & Ventures
- Receive personalized career guidance
- Intern in your own venture—build a technical prototype and develop your venture’s strategy
The Founder's Fellowship
- Compete for a semester-long, tuition-free Founder’s Fellowship so you can dedicate extra time to your venture—and, receive $5,000 seed capital
- Compelling ventures will be introduced to Duke investors through the Duke Angel Network and our 170,000-strong alumni network
World-Class Faculty of Experienced Founders and Duke Experts
Mattson Family Director, Entrepreneurship @ Duke Engineering
Founder, PocketSonics (acquired by Analogic) and Hemosonics (acquired by Diagnostica Stago)
Executive in Residence, Duke Engineering
Former Chief Architect & Product Strategist, Citizen Sports Network (acquired by Yahoo!); VP Product Management, Yahoo!, Director of Product Management, Twitter; Founder, Interdimensions Web Consulting
Associate Professor of the Practice, Biomedical Engineering
Founding Director, Global Medical Innovation Master's Program, Rice University
Adjunct Professor, Duke Engineering
Faculty, Duke Innovation & Entrepreneurship Initiative
President & CEO at InnAVasc Medical, Inc.
To learn more, contact Susan Brown, our assistant director of admissions.
Or, if you're ready, click below to start your application.