Distance Technical Electives
Technical electives supplement the core course programming and allow students to customize coursework to satisfy individual interests. Equipping students with a depth and breadth of knowledge enhances their expertise and provides a strong base for career success.
d-MEMP students are required to complete four technical elective courses from the electives listed below, and may choose a focus area of study to build their expertise. By demonstrating a proficiency in one specialty, students are positioned to take leadership roles in their field of interest. All electives are listed below; expand for more information.
Commercializing Technology Innovations
The Commercializing Technology Innovations focus area explores the strategic, tactical, and operational issues associated with bringing a new-to-world technology to market.
- EGRMGMT 574: Commercializing Technology Innovations: Turning Visions into Value
- EGRMGMT 590: Innovation Management
The Data Analytics focus area expands a student's knowledge in using statistical principles to analyze large data sets to identify patterns and relationships to answer complex questions.
- EGRMGMT 590: Data Visualization
- EGRMGMT 590: Fundamentals of Data Science
Operations and Supply Chain Management
The Operations and Supply Chain Management focus area develops understanding of the logistics associated with making and delivering a product to the customer, including procurement, manufacturing, and distribution.
- EGRMGMT 562: Operations Management
- EGRMGMT 563: Supply Chain Management
Product Design and Development
The Product Design and Development focus area emphasizes the processes and methodologies associated with ideation, opportunity assessment, concept design, prototyping, manufacture, and launching of a new product.
- EGRMGMT 590: Designing Customer Experiences
- EGRMGMT 590: Managing Product Development
New in Fall 2019, the Product Management focus area prepares graduates to plan, develop, manufacture, market, and sell a product throughout a product lifecycles and spanning multiple product generations based on customer needs, technology availability, and competitive positioning
- EGRMGMT 590: Design Thinking and Innovation
- EGRMGMT 590: Product Management in High Tech Companies
- EGRMGMT 532: Advanced Finance
- EGRMGMT 560: Project Management
- EGRMGMT 580: Decision Models
- EGRMGMT 590: Computational Finance