Online Student Services and Support
We are deeply invested in the success of our students
All distance students have access to specific services in support of their academic performance and professional development.
- Academic Advisor: a program professor who advises on topics such as course selection and academic preparation for your desired career.
- Career Advisor: a career specialist who assists with career exploration and your job search, including assistance with resumes, cover letters, and interviews.
- Student Services: staff who focus on student needs and activities, including acclimation to Duke, performance on school work, or overall concerns about health and well-being.
- Academic Services: staff who serve as a resource for academic planning, including course registration and graduation requirements.
- Program Options: The program can be completed in two years (four semesters) by taking two courses per term, but many students opt to extend the program to three or four years for a variety of reasons. We approve such scenarios on a case-by-case basis. Review sample curricula program extensions for more information.
- Deferring Admission: Admitted students may request to defer admission to a future term; please contact us for more information.