La Tondra Alyce Murray
Director, Online & Distance Education
As director of Online and Distance Education, Dr. Murray leads the development and implementation of strategic, innovative online education initiatives for Duke's Pratt School of Engineering in collaboration with faculty, staff and external partners.
Dr. Murray manages the online Master of Engineering Management program (Duke MEM Online), providing administrative guidance and curricular oversight. She is committed to positioning Duke Engineering as a globally recognized resource for world-class digital learning experiences by launching new offerings and expanding current programming.
Dr. Murray has ~18+ years of management experience and previously held technical leadership positions at a variety of organizations, including NASA, AT&T Bell Laboratories, Lucent Technologies and IBM. She is a seasoned, credentialed Executive Coach as well as an experienced Gallup Certified Strengths practitioner. Dr. Murray actively advises, coaches and mentors graduate students with a focus on leadership development.
Dr. Murray earned her doctorate in Industrial Engineering with an emphasis on Cognitive Ergonomics and User Interface Design from North Carolina State University. She additionally received undergraduate degrees in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering from Spelman College and the Georgia Institute of Technology, respectively.
Dr. Murray was recognized as the 2013 recipient of the Pratt School's Capers and Marion McDonald Award for Excellence in Mentoring and Advising. She was also the recipient of a best-paper award from the Engineering Management Division of the American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE) in 2013. Dr. Murray holds several human factors design methodology patents and has authored a number of published technical papers.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Executive In Residence in the Engineering Graduate and Professional Programs
- Office Location: 3120 Fitzpatrick Center, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 613-6793
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. North Carolina State University, 1998
- EGRMGMT 504: Residency 1 - Introduction
- EGRMGMT 505: Residency 2 - Mid-Program
- EGRMGMT 506: Residency 3 - Conclusion and Graduation
- EGRMGMT 540: Management of High Tech Industries
- EGRMGMT 550: Engineering Management Internship
- EGRMGMT 551: Engineering Management Internship Assessment
- EGRMGMT 591: Special Readings in Engineering Management
- MENG 540: Management of High Tech Industries