Campus residencies for online students create authentic community
During each of three, week-long residencies Duke Engineering Management students meet in person, learn and network.
Duke MEM residencies:
- Forge strong professional relationships and enhance camaraderie
- Expose students to expert speakers and exclusive workshops
- Provide opportunities for informal fun with classmates
One week before the start of classes in Fall Year 1
Initiates the Duke MEM Online program. Program introductions and updates are delivered, expectations are outlined, and students have the opportunity to experience the Duke community. Highlights include distance technology/tooling overviews, workshops, faculty interaction, and social activities for MEM Online cohorts and MEM campus students at Duke.
One week in July between Years 1 and 2
This residency allows students to reconnect personally with Duke faculty and cohorts. Seminars and workshops focusing on professional development and business simulation activities will be required to supplement the remote classroom experience. Social activities will further enhance relationship building amongst distance cohorts.
One week before May Graduation in Spring Year 2
The culmination of the Duke MEM Online degree program, this residency provides students the forum for final class presentations and assessments. Interactions, discussions, and feedback mark the integration of learning and application. Social activities during this residency will bring cohorts together for a final shared experience. Students participate in commencement ceremonies alongside campus students.
Dates by Cohort
- Residency 2: July 17-22, 2022
- Residency 3: May 7-14, 2023
- Residency 1: August 7-12, 2022
- Residency 2: July 16-21, 2023
- Residency 3: To be announced, 2024
- Residency 1: August 6-11, 2023
- Residency 2: To be announced, 2024
- Residency 3: To be announced, 2025
Dates by Calendar Year
- Cohort 2021's Residency 2: July 17-22
- Cohort 2022's Residency 1: August 7–12
- Cohort 2021's Residency 3: May 7–14
- Cohort 2022's Residency 2: July 16–21
- Cohort 2023's Residency 1: August 6–11