Campus residencies create an authentic community for online students
During each of the three, week-long residencies, you will:
- Forge strong professional relationships
- Hear from expert speakers
- Participate in engaging, hands-on workshops
- Enjoy informal social opportunities with peers
Fall Year 1—A week before the classes start
The First Residency kicks off your experience as a Duke MEM Online student. Highlights include learning-technology overviews, in-person faculty interaction and social activities with your student cohort.
Between Years 1 and 2—A week in July
The Second Residency allows you to connect further with Duke faculty and your cohort. Seminars and workshops focus on professional development and hands-on business simulations. Social activities build strong professional relationships.
Spring Year 2—Week of May Graduation
The culmination of this degree program. The Third Residency provides a forum for final presentations and assessments. Social activities bring the cohort together for a final shared experience. At the end of the week, you participate in in-person commencement ceremonies at Duke.
Dates by Cohort
- Residency 3: Sunday, May 5th – Sunday, May 12th, 2024 (Commencement starts May 10th)
- Residency 1: Sunday, August 6th – Friday, August 11th, 2023
Residency 2: Sunday, July 21st – Friday, July 26th, 2024
- Residency 3: To be announced, 2025
- Residency 1: Sunday August 18th – Friday, August 23rd, 2024
- Residency 2: To be announced, 2025
- Residency 3: To be announced, 2026
Dates by Calendar Year
- Cohort 2022 Residency 3: Sunday, May 5th – Sunday, May 12th
- Cohort 2023 Residency 2: Sunday, July 21st – Friday, July 26th
- Cohort 2024 Residency 1: Sunday, August 18th – Friday, August 23rd